Training-LT Testing

Went to UC Davis Sports medicine for two lactate acid profile tests, (no not that kind of lactate..geez people) one on the bike and one on the treadmill. They offer other tests as well like general fitness evaluations, consultation, bike fitting, physical therapy and much more.

They determined my heart rate and power threshold which my coach will use to design my workouts. Two separate tests are better than one because your max heart rate differs from running then from riding. They gradually increase the resistance/intensity and took a lactate reading from your blood. This requires a prick in your ear. (get your minds out of the gutter people...or not. what do I care.)


My coach Jamie Whitmore is also expanding her coaching company and will be launching a new website. If you are interested in any of UC Davis' sports programs visit their website for more info and to schedule an appointment: http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/sportsmedicine/


No comments: