Racing XTERRA West Championship

Finished 14th but hey, I'll take the pionts Thank You.
Four days earlier...
Headed to Las Vegas for the start of the XTERRA Circuit with my friend Nick Diaz. We flew from Stockton on Wednesday.



Thursday we jumped into lake Las Vegas and ran a bit.


Friday decided to ride a lap of the bike and I crashed. Not too bad, but enough to get some scrapes and bruises. Saturday we rode again and ran a little.

In beetween we talked to other athletes visited local friends and relaxed. On race day everything prerace went smoothly but during the race I did not push the limits and felt I may have been a bit timid.  Wasnt aggressive this time around.  Maybe because of the crash?  Maybe. Nick did a personal best and finished 8th in his age group.



I will definately make up for this race in Texas at the next stop of the circuit. Conrad Stoltz marginally (so I heard) won the mens race. While Shonny kicked in to high gear to take the womens pro division.



Another notable mention, Stephanie Miller also from the Williams Team won her division in the XTERRA Sport race.

No comments: