Nutrition-Fluffy Organic Pancakes

NOTICE: RECIPE EDIT 3/21/2010
NOTICE: RECIPE EDIT 3/21/2010 (I do not usually measure my recipies so I measured out MY typical pancake breakfast)

Makes 1-2 servings
This is my favorite breakfast. Here is my recipe with a gluten free option. I use bee honey or agave nectar or both as pancake syrup. Do not use conventional pancake syrup. It is made with HFCS. Maple syrup is a good substitute. I do not add sugar in the recipe as we pour syrup on top of them.

Beat 2 eggs in a bowl...
with a pinch of salt and dash of milk or almond milk if you do not do lactose. You will use some of this egg wash for the pancake mix and pan cook the remainder. 

Organic strawberries....
Slice 4-6 strawberries.  Strawberries are one of the few fruits that are highly recommended to consume organically. They have the highest levels of pesticides and I eat them almost everyday, so organic is the way to go.

I do not measure ingredients when I bake so I had to try and measure out my recipe.

1 tbs of oats (optional)
pinch of salt
*mix dry ingredients in bowl, then add:
 2 tbs of egg wash
1 tbs of mild flavor olive oil
1/4 cup of organic milk or almond mik 
1/2 cup of water
mix in bowl. Batter should be thick but pour smoothly into your pan. Add a touch of flour or water to achieve the right consistency.

Heat and grease pan with organic coconut oil (no butter) to cook pancakes.

Coconut oil has many beneficial properties including raising good cholesterol and reducing bad. (yes i will post the sci study docs)

Fry remaining egg wash in coconut oil and enjoy!


No comments: